- On September 25, 2015, the company proposed a two-year agreement with significant worsening of provisions on part-time workers.
- The company wants to hire 45 part-time drivers, scheduled for 20 hours, but with the option of volunteering for unlimited hours of work.
- Part-timers would have no benefits or pension
- Adding part-timers would reduce the number of full-time jobs, and weaken our pension plan. MTS is proposing increasing the cost of insurance. For 2017, deductibles will increase to:
- Single: $750
- Family of 2: $1,500
- Family of 3 or more: $2,250
MCTS isn't telling the truth about the proposal
Below is a letter sent to ATU members from MCTS. We made corrections to the letter in red